Suna Derin Kursun
Suna completed her Legal Practice course at the BPP Law School and qualified as a solicitor in August 2009. Before joining to Morgan Has Solicitors, Suna worked as a Family and Child Care solicitor in a reputable firm of solicitors in East London. She was also previously a partner in a successful law firm in London specialising in Family and Child Law.
Suna has extensive experience dealing with all aspects of Family and Child Law. She undertakes work from first instructions to final hearings in all aspects of family work, including the following:
- Divorce, judicial separation and nullity,
- Domestic violence and emergency injunctions,
- Financial settlement application to include contested court proceedings, negotiating and drafting separation agreements and consent order applications to deal with financial settlement issues.
- Negotiating and drafting Pre and Post-nuptial/civil partnership agreements.
Suna has specialist interest and extensive experience in relation to private and public law children act proceedings to include the following:
- Disclosure of a child’s whereabouts,
- Child Arrangements Orders,
- Prohibited Steps Orders,
- Specific Issue Orders,
- Enforcement proceedings, applications for Care and Supervision orders and Emergency Protection Orders.
Suna has been instructed by parents and grandparents in private and public law proceedings. She has been instructed by clients outside the jurisdiction of England and Wales. She has represented vulnerable clients through the Official Solicitor.
Suna aims to deal with each case personally from initial instruction to final hearings. She endeavours to undertake advocacy in all matters where possible.
Suna is also fluent in Turkish and has good knowledge of spoken Kurdish.
Away from the office, Suna aims to devote her spare time to her children and also enjoys reading, travelling and socialising with friends and family.